Code of Conduct
- In order to provide electronic communications services to its subscribers, Connection Telecom (Pty) Ltd (“Connection Telecom”) holds licences issued by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA).
- ICASA requires that all licence-holders comply with, inter alia, the:
- ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2008, which sets out minimum standards of conduct when providing services to subscribers or dealing with potential subscribers; and
- ICASA End-user and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations 2009, which sets out minimum quality of service standards applicable to services provided to subscribers and potential subscribers.
- Connection Telecom has developed a Code of Conduct and Service Charter in line with these Regulations and will strive to follow this in its interactions with its Consumers.
- The ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2008 is available here.
- The ICASA End-user and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations is available here
“Billing Dispute” means an instance where a Customer states in good faith that their bill contains incorrect charges, payments or adjustments.
“Billing Dispute Notice” means a notice submitted by the Customer in terms of this Procedure.
“Billing Disputes Handling Procedure” and “this Procedure” mean this Billing Disputes Handling Procedure for the initiation and resolution of BillingDisputes.
“Billing Enquiry” means the situation where the Customer seeks information or clarification relating to an invoice including without limitation seeking clarification of charges or sources of usage. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a Billing Dispute.
“Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday or Sunday or a public holiday observed as such in the Republic of South Africa;
“Complaint” means an expression of dissatisfaction or grievance made by a Customer, but does not include a request for information. A Complaint is not a Billing Dispute.
- Connection Telecom makes the following key commitments and will endeavour to:
- Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with Customers;
- Ensure that all its services and products meet the specifications as contained in Connection Telecom’s licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Not unfairly discriminate against or between Customers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
- Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with Customers;
- Provide Customers with information regarding services and pricing;
- Where requested to do so provide Customers with guidance with regard to their service needs; and
- Keep the personal information of Customers confidential unless Connection Telecom is:
- Otherwise authorised or required by law or order of Court;
- In possession of written authorisation from the Customer to do so; and/or
- Required to release such information for the purpose of briefing Connection Telecom’s auditors or professional advisors or an accredited debt collection agency.
- Subscribers and potential subscribers have the right to refer Complaints to ICASA as more fully set out below.
- Connection Telecom will provide the Customer with an itemised bill or invoice on request or where this is specified as part of the services provided to the Customer
- Billing terms are also set out on Connection Telecom’s invoices.
- Where a product is defective, Connection Telecom will investigate the issue and will replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty for that product.
Vetting of applications and use of credit registered credit bureaux
- Where applicable, Connection Telecom reserves the right to subject any application for services and/or products, including variations to existing services and/or products, to credit referencing and analysis by registered credit bureaux, and the Customer consents to the use of all information supplied for this purpose and for the purpose of compliance with the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
Written terms and conditions of service
- Connection Telecom will provide the Customer with a copy of the written terms and conditions upon finalisation of a service agreement or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter. Where an agreement is entered into telephonically, a copy of the written terms and conditions thereof will be provided to the Customer within seven (7) Business Days.
- Where Connection Telecom affect changes to the terms and conditions of its service, Connection Telecom will inform the Customer of such changes within a fair and reasonable period.
- Any queries relating to this Code of Conduct should be sent to email@example.com.
- This Code of Conduct forms part of the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of Connection Telecom’s services and products and is incorporated therein.
Last updated: February 2013